It's Christmas Season!

    It's finally my favorite time of the year! One more week left before we can go back home and spent some quality time with friends and family. I don't know about you guys, but I'm super excited to be home to celebrate the holidays. My family has a bunch of traditions that we do for the holidays including traveling to Columbus to spend time with the many relatives that live in the area. Also, going to our neighbors house for a fun get together after coming back from school. One thing I'm also super excited for is going to New York City during the holidays to visit my girlfriend. I have never been to New York City during the winter time and I've heard nothing but great things about the environment and things to do like going to the massive Christmas tree at the Rockefeller Center and going to time square. Some may argue that Christmas season is a time of receiving certain things. However, I feel that this season is a time of giving thanks and giving back. Every year, my family does this thing called Adopt a Family which is where we choose a family that can't really afford gifts during the holidays and we give back to them. I love doing this because I think that I am extremely blessed to have the life I have and I want to make others holiday season better by blessing them. 

    Another big thing in my life during the holidays is going to church. Giving thanks to Jesus is extremely important during this time. I love going to church to see people that I haven't seen in a long time, and also sit in the pew and reflect on the past year. Being at church during the holidays gives me a different kind of peace and sanctuary. 

    Another thing I love about the holidays is to relax, watch movies, eat some great food, and enjoy some great company. My favorite Christmas movie is definitely Elf. The humor in that movie never gets old. However, a close second is definitely Polar Express because that movie gives pure nostalgia from when I was a little kid. 

    Overall, giving back during the holidays is what it should be all about. With that, I challenge all of you to take the time and bless someone during the holidays. You truly won't regret it. Take the time this holiday season to count your blessings because not everybody gets to spend the Christmas time with friends and family, and receive gifts. 

Have a very happy holidays everyone!

Go Bears!



Comments

  1. Nate,
    I love Christmas as well! It sounds like your break is going to be filled with so many fun activities! That is awesome your family does Adopt A Family! I hope you have a great Christmas and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inching Closer to Exams!

The Future is Bright for ONU Men's Soccer!