Final Week Reflections!

    Almost there guys! Almost another semester in the books at ONU. As I reflect on the past semester, I'm very grateful for the experiences. I challenged myself with some difficult classes that really try to prepare me for the future. As the final grades are beginning to come more clear, I am happy with how my grades turned out this semester. It was another great fall semester in terms of soccer as well. It was so fun to be able to play collegiate soccer with my younger brother and watch him develop into a better man on and off the field. This fall season, we were able to make it to another NCAA Sweet 16. Although it wasn't necessarily the finish that we wanted, we are very confident that this coming season will be ours. We are not losing any players from last season and we will have a very deep and experienced roster. I couldn't be more excited about what's to come with ONU Men's Soccer. We also have a lot of talented recruits that have chosen to take their talents to ONU to help us win a National Championship this coming season. Although that is our goal, we must continue to put in the work in the off-season. We must push each other to further boundaries than we have ever pushed before if we want to come into the season on the right foot. I'm also grateful for all of the relationships that I have on campus and off campus. I believe the relationships that you build in life are one of the most important things. I'm beyond excited to keep building relationships in the next semester and in the next few years of my life. 

    Going off that I'm also grateful that I have landed an internship next summer with Eli Lilly and Company, a huge pharma company based out of Indianapolis. As a junior in the business administration, having an internship is a requirement. Throughout the semester, I would be attending career fairs, and meetings with professionals in my field to help prepare me for an internship experience. My connections that I have made in the past few years have helped me immensely with landing this internship and I couldn't be more excited about it. I feel the professors in the business administration have given me tons of tools that I can use in my own professional life. I'm excited to keep learning about marketing in my classes and in my internship next summer. 

    Another thing that I'm grateful for this semester is that my professors really helped me conquer my fear of public speaking. The classes that I took this semester really challenged me to get out of my reserved shell and go for it. I have never been a huge fan of public speaking. However, I realized very quickly that I got better with practice. I feel my professors really helped me practice by assigning multiple presentations weekly. This ultimately helped me talk with professionals easier, excel in my interviews, and let loose while speaking to a larger audience. 

    Overall, I am extremely grateful for my experiences this semester and I can't wait for next semester!

Go Bears!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Inching Closer to Exams!

The Future is Bright for ONU Men's Soccer!

It's Christmas Season!