Marketing with LinkedIn!

In this blog, I will discuss the different methods that individuals and businesses can market themselves on LinkedIn. LinkedIn is one of the more professional social media platforms that are being used by millions every month. LinkedIn is mainly used for professionals to connect with other professionals, businesses, and and employers. LinkedIn statistically has over 740 million active monthly users and it ranks as the #18 most popular social media platform. I am an avid user of LinkedIn because I am an upperclassmen in College, I need to start looking for internships, and potential jobs that meet the criteria that I would see myself doing. LinkedIn has been very helpful for me to discover new businesses to connect to and reach out to. There are a lot of social media platforms that have users that post fake information or have fake accounts. However, according to the book, LinkedIn is the most trusted social media platform after a recent study from Business Insider. LinkedIn gives businesses a way to market in a B2B style to connect with different professionals and generate lots of leads for their business. 

LinkedIn gives users the opportunity to showcase themselves in a professional manner by building a profile that describes their personalities, skills, and experience in the real world. Essentially, LinkedIn is a social media form of a resume. For a person like me that is looking to connect with different businesses and professionals, it's important for me to develop my LinkedIn page in a way that is very presentable to any professional that clicks on my profile. I have developed my LinkedIn page to match my resume to be able to market myself in a digital way. I formatted my page similar to my resume where it lists my education experience, work experience, skills, and personality traits. When businesses or professionals see my profile, they can choose to connect with me and even reach out via direct message to get to know me better. It is also proven that if you have a profile picture on your LinkedIn profile, you are more likely to have more people click on your profile. 

On the marketing side, users can post images, videos, and different links on LinkedIn to gain attention. It is also proven that businesses that post more on LinkedIn will gain more web traffic to their website, and more engagements on their posts across all platforms. Businesses can also use LinkedIn to promote certain areas of their business such as different products they are working on, and new business strategies that they have adopted. 

Overall, LinkedIn is a very useful tool for young professionals and even businesses to gain experience in connecting with other people to potentially learn more about a product, and even land a job for the future.



 

Comments

  1. Nate,
    LinkedIn can be a very useful tool if used properly! However, I did not realize its marketing capabilities, thank you!
    - Drew Butera

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Inching Closer to Exams!

The Future is Bright for ONU Men's Soccer!

It's Christmas Season!